Terms & conditions
By commissioning or engaging Fine Antiques, you are agreeing to comply and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws and regulations.
If you do not agree with any of these terms, you should not engage Fine Antiques and are prohibited from using or accessing this web site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
a1. modify or copy the materials;
a2. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
a3. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this web site;
a4. create a link to this web site from another web site or document without Fine Antiques prior written consent;
a5. redistribute or reproduce part or all of the content of this web site in any form;
a6. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
a7. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Fine Antiques at any time. Upon termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on this web site are provided on an "as is where is" basis. Use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which Fine Antiques or any other party shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this web site meet your specific requirements.
Fine Antiques makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Fine Antiques does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, timeliness, performance, likely results, suitability or reliability of the use of the information and materials found or offered on this web site for any particular purpose, or otherwise relating to such information and materials or on any sites linked to this web site.
In no event shall Fine Antiques or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data, business, revenue, profit, goodwill or anticipated savings or due to business interruption) arising directly or indirectly out of the use or inability to use the information or materials on this web site or valuations provided by Fine Antiques, even if Fine Antiques or a Fine Antiques authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
5.Revisions and Errata
The content of the pages of this web site is for general information and illustration purposes only. The materials appearing on this web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fine Antiques does not warrant that any of the materials on this web site are accurate, complete, or current. Fine Antiques expressly excludes liability for any inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Fine Antiques may make changes to the information or materials contained on this web site at any time without notice. Fine Antiques does not, however, make any commitment to update the information or materials.
From time to time this web site may include links to other web sites. These links are provided for your convenience only. Fine Antiques has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Fine Antiques of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at your own risk
Fine Antiques may revise these terms of business and/or use for this web site at any time without notice. By using this web site or engaging Fine Antiques you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Intellectual property
This web site and valuations provided by Fine Antiques contain intellectual property which is expressly owned by or licensed to Jones & Jones Limited. This material includes, but is not limited to, design, layout, appearance and graphics.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Fine Antiques performance or this web site shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
10. Engagement, travel & minimum charges and cancellation fees.
Engaging Fine Antiques to perform work is deemed to have initiated from the earlier of either the payment of deposit, initiation of travel to an appointment, or within two hours of an appointment.
* A minimum charge applies to all appointments equal to the time taken to travel to and from an appointment or equivalent to 1 hour labor, which ever is the greater. Time taken for travel is determined by the quickest route time displayed in Google Maps, starting from Fine Antiques Christchurch office.
* Travel by car is charged based on distance traveled to and from a job at a rate of $0.80+gst per km plus time taken. Distance and time is determined by the shortest distance displayed on Google Maps, starting from Fine Antiques Christchurch office. Long distance travel may be charged at lower rates where agreed prior in writing or email.
* Travel by boat or plane is charged back to the client at cost + 15% +gst. We do not charge for the time travelling by boat or plane, however a minimum of 8 onsite hours will be required. Where actual onsite hours are less than the minimum requirement, the minimum hours will be charged.
* Appointments cancelled without 2 hours prior notice incur a cancellation fee equal to the minimum labor charge plus the applicable travel charge where travel has taken place.
11. Invoicing, non-payment penalty and disputes
Any amount invoiced by Fine Antiques either by formal invoice or email containing legally required invoice details, is payable within 10 working days from the date of invoice. Terms variation may be requested in writing via registered post or signed for mail to address supplied on quote or invoice.
Where variance is not provided and payment not received within 10 working days, or not received by the date agreed to through variation, a penalty of 20% per annum calculated monthly from the date of invoice will apply. Where accounts are not settled within 2 months of the date of initial invoice, debt collection action may begin at Fine Antiques discretion with all costs relating to debt collecting payable by the debtor.
Disputed invoices are to be ultimately addressed through the Disputes Tribunal. Where a client wishes to dispute an invoice they must post a registered explanation outlining their dispute to address provided on invoice. The client agrees to loss of right to confidentiality and agrees to publication of their details where debt is outstanding by more than 2 months.
Valuation documents remain the property of Fine Antiques and are only provided upon settlement of account unless expressly agreed to in writing prior to engagement.
12. Refund/ Disputes and Payment Policy
Fine Antiques will meet our obligations as per the consumer guarantees act. All requests for refunds or disputes must be made in writing registered post for consideration to the address provided on invoice. Please include the circumstances and reasoning behind the dispute or why a refund is required. We will endeavour to reply within 10 working days to your request. All payments made are in New Zealand dollars.
Fine Antiques may collect the following personal information about you when you become a Fine Antiques client: e.g. Business name, contact name and details, year of birth, a record of assets or items to be valued, photos, business products / services and other business and personal interests etc. This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular to: offer other products and services that may be of interest.
* We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
* We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
* We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
* We will promptly correct any information where you find to be incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible.
* You specifically permit Fine Antiques to use your name, photo or avatar and city in promotional materials.
Fine Antiques is committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.